Bass lessons: electric, fretless and double bass
Are you interested on fingerstyle and bow techniques on the double bass? Would you like to learn electric bass and fretless bass techniques? My method focuses on the use of rhythmic and harmonic concepts on improvisation, accompaniment skills and interaction in an ensemble context. The lessons will prepare you to be a versatile bassist with all the fundaments for an international music career:
- Comping and soloing
- The use of chords on the bass
- Music theory and harmony
- Reading music notation
- Preparation for school entrance examinations and auditions
I studied bass for several years in USA with figures such as Victor Bailey, Lincoln Goines, Oscar Stagnaro, John Pattitucci and Victor Wooten. I am a researcher on world music styles and its application on bass. My expertise is on acoustic music; genres such as jazz, Latin-American, Brazilian, Flamenco, Middle Eastern, and African music.
- Berklee College of Music. Boston, USA (2015) Bachelor of Music
- Sibelius Academy / Royal Academy of Music. Finland / Denmark (2018) Master of Music
- Metropolia University of Applied Sciences. Finland (2019) Master of Music Pedagogy
I offer 30 euros for an hour lesson in Helsinki area or 25 euros for distance teaching and weekly 45 minutes lesson. Welcome to the lessons!